The LDALI‑RM5 Relay Module enables the control of standard loads via a DALI channel. Typical application scenarios are the integration of non-DALI luminaires or other loads like fans in toilets or washrooms and motors for partition walls or screens in DALI lighting applications.
The built-in relay contact can be used for currents of up to 10 A or loads of up to 2.500 VA, respectively. It supports a wide voltage range of 120 – 347 V AC and up to 30 V DC. Zero cross switching technology is used to be able to handle the large in-rush currents typically found in lighting applications. For legacy dimmable ballasts the LDALI-RM modules are also equipped with an 0-10 V and 1-10 V interface, which can be used together with the relay contact to control these types of loads via DALI.
Together with the LOYTEC DALI controllers or LROC‑40x room automation controllers, the LDALI‑RM5 modules act as programmable switching output modules. The integration of the module in the DALI network follows the same simple steps as the integration of a DALI lamp. The device supports the DALI specification IEC 62386‑208 (Device Type 7, “switching function”) for non-dimmable loads and the DALI specifications IEC 62386‑206 (Device Type 5, “converter”) for loads dimmable via the 0-10 V and 1-10 V interface, respectively. The LDALI‑RM5 modules are directly connected to a DALI channel and also supplied with energy by that channel.
As a unique safety feature the relay state for fault conditions can be configured: In case of a loss of power on the DALI bus, the relay will switch to the position as defined with the DALI configuration register “System Failure Level”.
The LDALI-RM5 is designed for installation in distribution boxes or behind standard plugs in installation boxes.
- Easy integration into LOYTEC L‑DALI lighting systems and LROC‑40x room automation controllers.
- Device configuration with the free LINX-Configurator or via the built‑in web server of the L-DALI controller.
- Programmable switching output for standard consumers in the power grid.
- Universal voltage support (120 – 347 V AC).
- Up to 64 LDALI‑RM Relay Modules per DALI channel with sufficient dimensioned bus supply.
- Supplied via the DALI channel.
- Potential‑free, bi-stable relay make contact.
- Analog Interface 0 – 10 V and 1 – 10 V for legacy dimmable lamps.
- DALI specification IEC 62386‑208 (Device Type 7 – Switching Function) supported.
- DALI specification IEC 62386‑206 (Device Type 5 – Converter) supported.
- Configurable relay position in case of power loss.
- Zero cross switching function.
- Dimensions (mm): 51 x 41 x 21 (L x W x H).