e-Detector Noiseless is a motion sensor for flush mounting in ceilings, that detect persons in motion through an infrared sensor that measures heat changes in the detection area of interest.
The device is including an optoisolated transistor output that avoids any mechanical noise and can be connected to a digital voltage input to monitor motion sensor in a zone.
This model is powered at 12 to 24Vac/Vdc and has been specially designed for hotel rooms where a room controller is also powered at this voltage, like the e-Room Modbus device, where a transformer or a power supply provides power to the devices.
The device can be also installed in surface mounting using the surface mounting enclosure ref. AC.000001-000
e-Detector Noiseless is a motion sensor for ceiling mounting, used to detect motion through the detection of heat changes coming from bodies in motion in the covering area. The device is including an infrared sensor that detects with high precision any movement in a room or zone in a building. The motion detection status is shown through an optocoupled transistor output that avoids any noise of the traditional mechanical relays, and has been designed to be connected at a voltage digital input of a system to monitor the motion detected. The output is active (short circuited) during 5 seconds after a valid detection.
A potentiometer to adjust the detection sensitivity is included on the device and makes it a very flexible device as it can be installed in any environement.
A red LED indication in front of the device shows the motion detection. The led is enabled from factory default and can be enabled/disabled using the pushbutton in front of the device. The configuration can be changed by pressing the pushbutton between 2 and 5 seconds.
The device has an enclosure for flush mounting on roof ceilings.
1. Drill a 65mm diameter hole on the ceiling.
2. Connect wires on the correct terminals:
- Connect the power supply to the +/ ~ y -/ ~ terminals.
- Connect the transistor output + and - to the digital input terminals, respecting the polarity.
3. Adjust sensibility detection potentiometer on the side of the device, to the desired value.
4. Clip the springs and insert the product into the hole, releasing the springs when placed in the hole.
5. Power up the supply voltage and check the red LED indicator is switched on during some seconds (warm up time).
- The device can’t be installed over shelves, behind curtains, near heat/cool air handling units and avoid direct sun radiation over the device.
- Disconnect the device from the power supply before mounting or moving the sensor.
- Do not leave cables peeled or turned around the device.
- Do not connect the device with the hands wet.
- Do not open or drill the device
- Keep the device and cables away from humidity and dust.
- Clean the front cover with a water moisture soft cloth.